Tuesday, March 01, 2011

February 2011

And just like that, it's time for another update. We're doing well; keeping busy for sure and trying to catch up with the ins and outs of the Bible college. While a lot of things really are much the same from last year, there are still plenty of new things to learn. And, adjusting to my new role here of overseeing the school has its fair share of challenges and learning curves as well. Feel free to pray for wisdom for me!!! Oh, and by the way, I'm also overseeing the internship here and teaching the book of Joshua every Wednesday afternoon as well.

It has been a bit of an adventure thus far. Various colds and coughs along with something dreadful... two of our girls got lice. (And now you're all scratching your heads and chasing shivers from your necks.) They're all clear now, but that definitely wasn't welcome news after just arriving back. On top of that, Christi hasn't been feeling very well, so we could definitely use your prayers for health as well.

At the risk of this sounding like an end-of-the-year Christmas card that tells you how perfect our family is (if you know us at all, you know that isn't true), I'll give you a quick run down on the kids, too.

Ian is loving having a basketball court in his own backyard and, despite the cold weather (read that: "snow flurries about every other day"), he gets out there every opportunity he can. He's really doing well and even gets to play with the "big kids" every so often (read that: "we've played probably three times in the last few weeks").

Leah is taking guitar lessons and seems to be doing well with that, too. I don't know if she'll be able to play piano and guitar simultaneously, but she sure loves her music. Her and a friend also put together a little gymnastics routine last week. I think Christi is going to try to post it to her facebook page so be on the lookout!

On campus the other day at lunch, Kara asked if she could go to the upstairs coffee shop after she finished eating. I asked her what she wanted to do there. "Go to the prayer corner and pray with [her friend] Charis." "Oh... yeah, that would uh... be... uh... fine sweetheart," was pretty much about all I could get out. Amazing. I love watching God work in the hearts of our little ones.

Mikayla. She'll be six in a month. SIX. Still has the blond, curly hair and the mischievous smile that certainly compliments her blue eyes. Six years old. I guess we can enjoy her last month of being five. Six...

Next week is "Guest Speakers Week" here at CCBCE. Christi's dad is one of the speakers, so we're looking forward to a great week in the Word and enjoying family.

And there you go. We're doing well. Adjusting and moving forward. Excited about the future, and staying busy in the here-and-now.

Thanks much for the prayers, and for the support. We greatly appreciate the love.

Until April, God bless!

Jeremy, Christi, and the kiddies

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jeremy. Colleen and I are happy to get these updates. We miss seeing your kids grow up. I am thakful to our Lord that He is taking care of your day-to-day affairs and needs. Phil 1:6 - HE will perfect you until.... Seems like He is keeping His word! We love you guys.

"Uncle" Anth

Kristin said...

It's always great to read your updates :) and by the way, Leah is a natural at the guitar... wish I had her musical talents for sure. It was so awesome being able to spend a whole month with you guys! We are definitely praying for you, and just know you are all such a blessing to everyone, including our family!