As our flight into Budapest began its descent, I began thinking about how to do this. “This,” as in, “our newsletter/update/blog.” More specifically, the writing of our newsletter/update/blog. That was Sunday the 30th of January, and as I sit here on the 2nd of February and type away at our kitchen table, I’m still not sure how to do “this.” How do I condense our conclusion to move back home to Vajta and the ministry of CCBCE, a couple nights in the hospital with a pair of kidney stones, packing up a houseful of personal belongings into a big VW cargo van, saying good-bye to amazing people, various bits of this-that-and-the-other, and gearing up for a new semester? Hmmm... typing that just now didn’t help. But, here goes.
When we packed up, said good-bye, and moved to England last June, or intention was to be there for years to come. We knew that we would be helping out at CC Mansfield for a short time before moving on to another area. Little did we know that the “other area” would actually be a return to Calvary Chapel Bible College Europe. Suffice it to say, we loved our time in England, and the conclusion to leave was anything but easy. Please also allow it to be sufficient to say that we wouldn’t have repacked our stuff and got on another airplane with one-way tickets unless we knew that there was work to do here.
Something about kidney stones? Right... kidney stones. Note to self: drink more water.
This, that, and the other: Ian turned 11. ELEVEN. He’s well into double digits now.
A new semester. I will be teaching Joshua this semester and I’m excited about that. Great man, great life, great message, and a great book. What an honor. I trust that lessons of faith will be passed along through the book to the students, and that I’ll have lessons of faith passed along to my heart and mind as well.
As I said, we’re excited. Excited to see what God has in store for us, for the students this year, and for the great things to come for the Bible college. Having said that, it was really tough to have to say good-bye to England. We felt right at home there (as we do here!) and quickly developed some wonderful relationships with some wonderful people. I suppose this would be a good time to quote from the Psalms or the Proverbs, and I’d be right to suppose that. All I can think about right now is a quote from a non-biblical source: “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.” And Forrest Gump was right. You never know what you’re gonna get. And when you follow the Lord, what you expect to happen isn’t always what ends up happening.
There and back again indeed. As much as we enjoyed the lessons learned in England, appreciated the love and support that was shown us there, and met some amazing folks, it is nonetheless good to be home.
Feel free to pray for us for all of the new challenges and possibilities that await us!
Blessings to you all,
Jeremy & Christi and the kids
5 comments:
We that are born of the Spirit, RIGHT!
But the encouraging WORD I've been receiving is ABIDE! That's right buddy boy. Abide in the VINE. The source, the intermediary 1Tim. 2:5, of all life truth and fullness of joy!
Love you guys!
We always love reading your updates! And are so glad to be able to spend some time with you guys. Definitely will be praying for all of the adjustments.
Thanks for sharing J. Did you move back into the same house? Did you have to go ask for furniture back from people you had given it to? Haha. You know, I just love the mysterious ways of the Lord - he always keeps us on our toes when we're abiding in Him and are willing to go on the Great Adventure. And if not, well then, He'll give us what we think we want. And we all know how that turns out. :)
Wow! So you're back to Hungary. That makes us want to come back more :)
Just wanted to say hi and to wish you very blessed time in Hungary!
Albena (and Boyan and Nadya)
Post a Comment