And, Spring has sprung. With it, warm air, flowers, and pretty much everything you'd expect with this time of year. (Note: if you're from California or anywhere else that only has 1.5 seasons, you can disregard those comments; just know that the change of season is appreciated over here.)
The last couple of months have been busy, but they've been good. Mikayla turned five in April, which is crazy to think about (four kids between the ages of five and ten). We've enjoyed a wonderful semester at the Bible College. Once again, I have to marvel at the group of young people that the Lord has brought to us to minister to. They're great. For their 10-day outreach time, they went to several cities in several different countries to share the gospel and to bless other churches. It is a joy to be a part of what God is doing out here.
I was supposed to go to England during the 10-day outreach time, but... throw in an Icelandian volcanic ash cloud, and let's just say that the trip resulted in a refund. God, as many of you are probably already aware of, has a great sense of humor. The main goal of the trip was to do some house-hunting. I couldn't go. He got us a house anyhow. He's just funny like that sometimes. So, while I was here, I took advantage of the extra couple of days and visited the British Embassy up in Budapest. Feel free to pray for my residency visa to process. I should know in the next week.
With our time winding down here in Vajta, I've appreciated watching the team here pick up the proverbial ball and run with it. I'm happy to leave my responsibilities in capable hands. I am also humbled by the fact that God can use anybody He wants; it's just fun to be along for the ride.
So, the semester will conclude on May 11th, and the Foster family will go into full-on packing mode. I've already started in the office and yeah, it's pretty much a weird thing to see a wall of empty bookshelves.
In the meantime, feel free to pray for...
* my visa to go through - favor with the consulate
* any provision we'll need for the move - there are always more things that come up in moving to a different country than you can expect
* a buyer for our van - the Lord has a new van lined up for us over in Mansfield already
* wisdom for a handful of decisions that we need to make for the time frame of May to August
And, we also really want to say thank you to all of you individuals and churches that have contributed in so many ways. You're a part of what we're doing (Philippians 4: 15-20) and you are appreciated.
Loads of blessing in Jesus,
Jeremy, Christi, and the kids
No comments:
Post a Comment