Christi's Birthday (I mean, what's a birthday without a LEGO Yoda key chain?)
So, that's about it for November. Oh, and we put up the tree.
Alright, alright... there's more. November was great, but obviously by the lateness of this update, busy. Always plenty to do here on campus and always plenty of activity in general. As you can see, we celebrated Christi's birthday... I surprised her by inviting about 50 staff and students to the house that night. It was loads of fun.
And... the beard. Yeah... I can explain... sort of. I wanted to get into the Thanksgiving spirit by representing Team-Foster with ugly facial hair for the afternoon football game. I think I accomplished my mission. (Don't worry, Christi made me shave it before dinner.)
We are just about finished with the semester here in Hungary and it has been a really great one. As most all of you know, the plan is to move to Ireland in May of 2009. We will serve here at CCBCE for one more semester, and then move to Galway to serve at Calvary Galway (James 5:13-15). Please pray for us with this upcoming transition as it will be a big one in many ways. Pray for wisdom and provision if you'd be so kind. Please also pray for a seamless transition for the incoming staff that will be taking over for us here (teaching, overseeing conferences and housekeeping, and trying to help out in any way possible).
We are feeling really bittersweet over this; we love what we get to do here in Vajta and we love the family that we get to serve alongside of everyday. We have been truly blessed to assist with this ministry (since June '04!) and it will be a very difficult (and I'd imagine, tear-filled) family to leave. Having said that,God has been stirring our hearts for Ireland for years, and so we are very excited to see what He has for us on the "Emerald Isle." In the meantime, we have another 1/2 year to go so we want to focus on the here and the now and be faithful with the lives and hearts that God has asked us to tend to.
So, until I send out our next update at the end of this month, have a great Christmas! May our great God and Savior bless you and yours as you meditate on the purpose of His coming to our world - the salvation of lost sinners like us!
With much appreciation wrapped up with loads of blessing,
Jeremy & Christi and the kiddies
By the way, if you don't know this, you can look up many of our old updates just below this one... go crazy!
And... the beard. Yeah... I can explain... sort of. I wanted to get into the Thanksgiving spirit by representing Team-Foster with ugly facial hair for the afternoon football game. I think I accomplished my mission. (Don't worry, Christi made me shave it before dinner.)
We are just about finished with the semester here in Hungary and it has been a really great one. As most all of you know, the plan is to move to Ireland in May of 2009. We will serve here at CCBCE for one more semester, and then move to Galway to serve at Calvary Galway (James 5:13-15). Please pray for us with this upcoming transition as it will be a big one in many ways. Pray for wisdom and provision if you'd be so kind. Please also pray for a seamless transition for the incoming staff that will be taking over for us here (teaching, overseeing conferences and housekeeping, and trying to help out in any way possible).
We are feeling really bittersweet over this; we love what we get to do here in Vajta and we love the family that we get to serve alongside of everyday. We have been truly blessed to assist with this ministry (since June '04!) and it will be a very difficult (and I'd imagine, tear-filled) family to leave. Having said that,God has been stirring our hearts for Ireland for years, and so we are very excited to see what He has for us on the "Emerald Isle." In the meantime, we have another 1/2 year to go so we want to focus on the here and the now and be faithful with the lives and hearts that God has asked us to tend to.
So, until I send out our next update at the end of this month, have a great Christmas! May our great God and Savior bless you and yours as you meditate on the purpose of His coming to our world - the salvation of lost sinners like us!
With much appreciation wrapped up with loads of blessing,
Jeremy & Christi and the kiddies
By the way, if you don't know this, you can look up many of our old updates just below this one... go crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment